Hey Jazz, Thanks for replying.
I have the semi-ridiculous problem of not exactly knowing what I would use it for (though you can bet it will not be what it wasn't designed for). Cutting thin flat stuff would be nice.
One application I do know I would like to try is to laser burn sections of already routed out wood. So I made a big wooden sign the other day, and thought I would v-carve the text and then hit that with the blowtorch, then skim back the flat surface to leave high contrast black (burnt) engrved text. That was the plan, but the flames of the torch would not go down into the V-shaped gullers of the text without massively charring the flat surface. So I ended up having to use a typical hand pyrography tool to go over the engraved text. It was quite a big sign and it took ages!. The whole time I was thinking surely I could use the CNC to do this. Now if I could engrave the text, then pop on a laser, a bit like changing a tool setup with appropriate offsets etc. and set it going over the engraving... I guess I might have problems with changing focal heights...?

I agree with what you say about it really being a job for a separate machine designed for the job, but... I just used all the spare space I have with the monster in the video above... It would be great if I could also get 8 x 4 lasering capability (even if inferior to a dedicated machine) as well...