This has just reminded me that I never replied to your email.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonT View Post
I will have to look out my dreadful attempt and share it with you, I covered PCD and peck drilling. I started out using GRBL but due to its limited G & M command set i couldn't use any canned cycles so i was trying to develop code in dot net to run in the background behind the grbl panel Gui. I'm a little spoilt as i now have a Haas Mini Mill but the concept of being able to quickly write conversational code is interesting. It might be worth considering the possibility of offering both full fanuc standard GCode commands and an option to do a hard coded version for hobby machines. I found it hard to aquire examples of hand coded functions of canned cycles, I couldn't understand why in the dark ages of machining that it wasn't common to have something like peck drilling written in G01s and X,Y,Z moves instead of G81, G73, G83 commands etc. It has to have a feeds and speeds calculator and an area which no one else covers Drill speeds, tapping and facemills. Ive searched for ages to find a decent calculator to help find the right feeds and speeds for multi-flute indexed facemills. Ill look my code out over the next few days and message it to you.
Ultimately because of memory limitations.
When you only had 128k of memory available to store programs, all those G01 blocks add up.
Plus for hand coding, and repetitive cycles, a canned cycle makes much more sense.