. .
    Hello you beauties
    Please forgive me on my absolute lack of knowledge on the subject - but I have been looking at getting a desktop ( about 400mm2 bed ) CNC machine that I can use to shape some wood for me
    Im fine using computers, but building electronics is not something I am confident in doing at all, so I have no intention of building one. I know this puts £££ on, but I also know I will blow up my house if plug in an electronic I have made - so it just isn't happening. I know it's going to take me a few moments to get used to using the machine and the software which I am fine with.

Im planning on this being a side operation to my home business, and with all things going well, I need it to be able to operate for long periods of time (one can dream right?) so in my searching around i have come across one that looks good to me, but like I said, I seriously don't have a clue on what i am talking about. What has drawn me to thinking of purchasing one particular machine over others is it having a 1.5kw water cooled spindle and within the description stating it can operate for long periods of time, where others for around the same price have much lower spindles w and say nothing about how long they can keep going.

It looks a solid build, and I am leaning to purchasing - but I could really do with some advice before I do, so I was wondering if any of you can help me out please. Do I even need that? Is the 1.5kw water cooled spindle a good thing? Or is it just an unnecessary gimmick. Am I just better off buying a frame and a dewalt router like others have on youtube - will that be able to keep going all day if required ???

Welcome to the forum.

You're probably going to get 'technical advice' from the expert members in here.

3. Greetings and welcome to the forum
    If your considering a reliable/productive machine you really need to have a talk with Dean @ JAZZCNC. don't know what your budget is but you get what you pay for.
    Check out the the links
    Regards
    Mike
    https://www.mycncuk.com/threads/1527...very-happy-one

https://www.jazzcnc.co.uk/

Thread Information