. .
    Hi Chaps
    i have just ordered a Onefinity from Canada
    having never used a CNC machine before i was keen to get something sturdy and well put together.

it comes with a years subscription of Carvco which is a UK based software house which was atractive as their online conent is easier to follow and it seems well put together . Tthe ones i have been looking at that are US based the tutor seems to speak a million words a minute.

It would be nice to have a few UK users available to ask any specific questions, nearly all of the users on the Onefinity user group are located in the States so asking them about buying accessories etc are all US centric stores

any advice would be great.
    Dan

Hello Dan. Im doing this a bit backwards. Im getting the software to master before I buy the CNC machine. Ive done down the route of Vectric Vcarve Pro. I did try Carvo co but it seemed a bit fiddly compared with Vcarve Pro. Vectric do a higher version called Aspire but to be honest, you would need to be making very high end stuff to warrant the price of that software. You can download a test version of Vcarve pro to have a play on. Let me know if you need any help with it as I'm getting quite good on it now.

Thanks Chris . Appreciate the offer, I may switch but as I have a years free subscription when I bought the onefinity I am just going through all the online tutorials still
    Not been able to set up my Cnc yet as mired in an extension that’s taking up all my time but hope to start soon . What I would say is the oneinfinity is very well put together and although more expensive than the diy and Chinese ones it’s far superior
    Please keep in touch once you start as it would be good to have someone to bounce ideas with
    Cheers
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by mynewix View Post
    Thanks Chris . Appreciate the offer, I may switch but as I have a years free subscription when I bought the onefinity I am just going through all the online tutorials still
    Not been able to set up my Cnc yet as mired in an extension that’s taking up all my time but hope to start soon . What I would say is the oneinfinity is very well put together and although more expensive than the diy and Chinese ones it’s far superior
    Please keep in touch once you start as it would be good to have someone to bounce ideas with
    Cheers
    Dan
    I will do. I had an HPC CNC machine (from Halifax) for about 3 years and sold it in lockdown for almost twice what I paid for it. Due to health problems, I've been out of the CNC game for a few years but want to get back into it again. I'm interested to know what spindle/router you will be using with the Onefinity.

Youtube is your friend for what to do with it and upgrades

Buy everything from Alixpress

Good luck

Honestly for this machine

Vcarve is a waste of money I think, it's a toy machine

But you can have a lot of fun with a toy if you use it right, I totally get it not everyone wants to build one and it costs a lot

Not everyone has space and 3 phase to fit a commercial one which don't cost a lot of money 2nd hand

If Fusion 360 has a post processor time to learn to CAD, it is always time to learn CAD though

CNC without CAD is like fine wine from McD's in a paper cup through a straw ......
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    CNC without CAD is like fine wine from McD's in a paper cup through a straw ......
    Wait...what?!?!... McDonald's do wine? Red or White?
    .Me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Wait...what?!?!... McDonald's do wine? Red or White?
    I have had a beer in McD's

It was anti climatic

It came in a can like a store

I wanted a paper cup McD's beer!!!!

Lithuania, they sold beer in the B&Q clones lol

Different place

But I would so drink a McWine just to see how bad it was
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

hi chris i just went with the makita router . thought i could always upgrade later if i needed it

Lmao, a "McWine" haha
    .Me

Thread Information