. .
    I bought a filing cabinet full of bits and pieces at auction and found what I think are CNC components. I'm looking for the right place to ask about prices and the best place to sell them.

Cheers

Hi Scabby
    You will need to supply more information and photos of the available items.
    Not sure if you have to have a certain number of posts before you can access all the forums function.
    @ least do an introductory.
    Kindest Regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by scabbyonion View Post
    I bought a filing cabinet full of bits and pieces at auction and found what I think are CNC components. I'm looking for the right place to ask about prices and the best place to sell them.

Cheers
    We need photos
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Googling told me that they're CNC bits but apart from that I'm clueless to this sort of thing.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    First is a PLC.
    Probably worth money to somebody who needs that exact model, however it's the kind of thing that can sit for years unsold on various sites, being sold by those who are happy for it to sit on their shelf in the hope they find that magical buyer who is desperate for that exact module, and will pay lots of money for it.

Second looks like a drawbar puller.
    Again, if you knew the machine it's for, you might get some money for it, as it probably costs 3 or 4 figures new, but again you'd need that magical buyer who needs that exact part, and is willing to use a part from an unknown source.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

This is the packaging it came in. It was sealed but I opened it to see what it was. It hasn't got a mark on it so I'd hazard a guess and say it's brand new. The PLC was also in a box with a few bits of paperwork and a ribbon cable, I'd say that's brand new too.

https://www.ricocnc.com/products/814...ng-Center.html

I'm fairly sure this is the same one.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It's for a Mazak then, and a fairly big one, as BT50 is a relatively big spindle.

https://www.nriparts.com/products/ma...holders/752646
    Not as much as what I thought it would cost, but I think that link is possibly for New Old Stock.

As I said, they're the kind of parts that are worth money to the right person.
    However, you could list them for sale and somebody might pay good money for them tomorrow, but the more likely outcome is they'll still be sat gathering dust in 10 years time.

Personally, I'd stick them on eBay, ensuring you list all the part numbers, and see what happens.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information