. .
    I got the Servo Motors yesterday and I'm impressed with the speed and service I received, 7 days from ordering to receiving them...

I've not hooked them up or tested them yet, it's probably a few weeks before I'm ready to do that, I need to do a bit of reading of the user manual before I dive in!

I did however overlook something, I forgot to order one of the Motors with a brake for the Z-Axis, so my question is can the Brake be ordered separately and added later, or are there other solutions that I could use to keep the Z-Axis from dropping once I power off...?

Cheers,

Phil

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    The brake is quite an integral part of the motor, so not really something that can be added.

I'd suggest trying the axis without the brake, as you might find there is enough stiction/friction in the system to avoid it dropping.

You could probably cobble something together to make use of the drive brake output, but I'd probably just order a suitable motor if needed, as it'll be a lot less hassle and more reliable.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Cheers m_c, I will try it without the brake 1st as suggested, and if not I'll get another Drive and Motor but with Brake, then I could utilise this one for a 4th Axis (rotary, maybe)

Thread Information