. .
    Ok, this is the part I've been dreading - wiring just isn't my forte!

The way I understand it is I need to choose the mode I want to control the Servos with, I have chosen 'Position mode' as I think this is best for a CNC Router,
    but I don't know to be honest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AXBB-E. to Servo Drive.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	32396

I've attached a drawing of what I think the basic wiring is for PUL+/- and DIR+/- (please let me know if it's correct) but I don't know what the OPC is (number 38 on the drawing) is this where my 5v + goes... is there anything else I need to wire in...?

I also have no clue what all the other pins are for either.

I'm just not very electrically minded and don't understand a lot of the terminology, wiring has always been a struggle - but I've managed to build 2 previous machines before thanks to a lot of help from this forum, however, this is a much bigger machine and I've never used Servos before.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Phil

It might be an idea to post on
    https://forum.cncdrive.com/index.php
    There's all things UCCNC there.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,627. Received thanks 113 times, giving thanks to others 70 times.
    You need to understand the modes. Position is step / direction. Speed is -10 to 10V. This is specific to the servo / driver and has nothing to do with it being used on a router, mill, lathe etc.

For step / direction, you can run them in various modes and also at different voltages. You can have Step +, Step -, Dir + and Dir -, or you can have one of the + or - as a common (determined by what the driver needs), then you need to work out if it needs 24 or 5V and use the correct output from the controller.

Whereabouts are you based? Not too difficult to figure out however one of us might be near to give you a hand.

Cheers Andrew, I will post it there too, great advice as the more people who see it the better chance I'll have of getting help.

Hi Chaz, yeah your right, among other things I do need to understand the modes I have done an A.I search as the manual doesn't really explain it well. The search brought up a lot of info and from what I could decipher Position Mode was the best for a router but I just want to get it wired up properly and working so whatever is easiest lol. I have read somewhere it can do a combo of modes also, like speed mode and position mode as one, but againg it doesnt really mean anything to me...

My Servo takes either 5v, 12v or 24v I think but if it takes 12v or 24v i need to add a resistor in series...? my controller can give either 5v or 24v so it shouldn't be a problem for someone who knows. I'm in the North West in Coppull, near Preston but I wouldn't expect anyone to physically come over, just any advice on here I would be eternally greatful for...

Phil

Thread Information