. .
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Doddy

I will disassemble it later.
    Does PNC-3000 use quadrature encoder?
    If so, it would be easy to fix.

magicniner

That would be nice, but I want to run it without modifications first.
    If it's too difficult, I'll use raspberry pi or arduino to run it.
    I want to use it to make parts for machine.Maybe even make a model.I might even make a model.
    Maybe I will make a model someday.

I think the PNC-3000 hardware is good and will be converted to CNC for use. Even if it cannot be fixed.

Seriously, bypass the arduino/pi business, the cut down G-Code instruction set is a right hash-up and results in something you think is fine but that anyone with a decent controller wouldn't even consider.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Seriously, bypass the arduino/pi business, the cut down G-Code instruction set is a right hash-up and results in something you think is fine but that anyone with a decent controller wouldn't even consider.
    Ok, I'll do the conversion with a decent controller.

Good afternoon ! Do you have service notes in electronic form?

Quote Originally Posted by Deersaster View Post
    Good afternoon ! Do you have service notes in electronic form?
    I have become old since starting this conversation back in 2011. What I have and do not have is a complete mystery to me.

There is a Roland PNC-3000 group on Facebook, you might try there.

Robin

I have a PNC-3200 that I may be going down a similar road with. I am missing the cable that connects the machine to the controller and I would like to test it out as it came before tearing into it.

Can anybody help with a cable diagram/ pinout?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I have become old since starting this conversation back in 2011. What I have and do not have is a complete mystery to me.

There is a Roland PNC-3000 group on Facebook, you might try there.

Robin
    Hi Robin,

I follow since a long time for efforts and appreciate really the change you made to your machine (ER16.... ).

I got the same machine more than 20 yrs ago, it collected dust in my basement until I moved to a larger house, and since I rebuilt 2 3D printer around the DUET 3D boards, I feel it's time now to rebuild my old machine, since the Woman Acceptance Factor is now fully positive.

Idea is to keep existing axis mechanics, upgrade as you did with an ER16 collet, flip the AC motor with a BLDC 500W one, and remove all other guts except the control knobs panel which is really helpful, and maybe the display panel whiwh is nice also, but complex. In this way, nothing external would dinstinguish the modified machine from the original one.

I started to reverse engineering the control panel, but I am not able to find some components datasheet that would be helpful to interface the panel with a mode modern interface board I envision.

You published on previous posts a schematic(part) of the main board, so I asked myself if you would have other schematics that would accelerate my refurbishment, Every schematic is of interest to me, since the complex interconnection between boards is a bit messy to reconstitute, although I have carefully dismantled the device.

Of course I understand it would have a cost to digitize paper documents properly if not done, so I am ready to pay for it if needed.
    Also, I can send you the salvaged parts, motor, main board, enventually display if it is of interest to you.

You can send me private mail at jean.visconteATgmail.com if you feel it useful.

Thanks for your help, and bravo pour vos efforts

Kind Regards

Jean

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information