Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
I've not used the air-cooled but I have the Water-cooled version from this seller, in fact, I've just fit 3Kw BT30 model to a machine.

They come with a Fulling 3.7Kw VFD which was a bit of a bear to set up, mostly due to fact the manual gave misleading Info but after a bit of messing around with various settings, I got it working nicely. The manual is actually quite good for a Chinese VFD, probably the best I've seen but like most VFD manuals unless you have experience with VFD's, which I do, they can be hard to get your head around. As Chinese VFD's go it's about as good you'll get and I'm happy enough with, much easier to work on and wire than the Huanyang's because the whole front comes off to give full access to wire terminals, got better cable management as well.

The spindle itself is nice and smooth. The taper is good and the drawbar gets a nice strong grip and releases the tool holder nicely. Taper as Air purge for cleaning and there's separate air curtain to keep dust out of bearings while running.
There are two sensors (PNP) one to detect when the drawbar is open/closed and the other to detect if a tool holder is in the spindle. Also a Temp sensor.

It's quite heavy, think it's about 18Kg. It comes very well packaged in a nice strong wooden case.

For the money I don't think could ask or expect better. Don't get me wrong it's not in the same league as an HSD or Elte. But you could buy 2 or 3 sets for the same price as one HSD spindle alone.

When I've got the machine finished I'll post a video.
Is this a 220V spindle? If yes, I think I managed to find it in their ebay shop: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264448370955?ul_noapp=true

Is the spindle with or without drive keys for the BT30 interface? According to their pictures it is without drive keys, which I can imagine won't be a problem for high speed milling with lighter cuts.