We were gifted a cnc 3018 pro wood engraver brand new thru a grant as were afamily who shield due to various reason and several with health issue

Im a 29 year old scottish lass who gonna plead help here desperate help going to pull my hair out kinda help

Back story im autistic i love crafting its my happy place i have a cricut i could carve wood on that but i argue with vinyl wood wouldnt go to far without me wanting to through it out the window (issues mainly relate to the awful software that you cant yuse any other)

So i have cnc 3018 pro i built it inwired it and were trying to get it to cut wood with just the blade part before we attempt to use the laser cutter (we being me and my technaphobe mother)

Now control work it move up down left right forwarback fine.... till you go cut currently using candle but struggling abd have nonclue
How do you find images to cut?
How do you get images you have to cut?(some go to cut butcome upbwith an error some lift the blade up and start to cut but move further than the board then jam)
Basically can someone treat me like a newbie which i am and tell me how the heck i do? Just in simple term would be great! this is just with the blade to start with because trying one before the other or is using the laser easier

Thanks
Zee
The desperate lass in need of help