. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Given that you are aiming this to provide extra functionality in a UCCNC setting, assuming Windows doesn't seem silly. I guess that a portable version across platforms would be a nice-to-have but something that works on one platform seems better that something that doesn't quite on several. I remember way back tallking to a colleague who had left to join a big database company. He said that they had one version for VMS, one for IBM, and about 50 more for different flavours of Unix! Maintenance nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Given that you are aiming this to provide extra functionality in a UCCNC setting, assuming Windows doesn't seem silly. I guess that a portable version across platforms would be a nice-to-have but something that works on one platform seems better that something that doesn't quite on several. I remember way back tallking to a colleague who had left to join a big database company. He said that they had one version for VMS, one for IBM, and about 50 more for different flavours of Unix! Maintenance nightmare...
    Exactly. I can’t get into all that !

I do use UCCNC but the gcode generated is basically G0, G1, and G2, with some M commands for the spindle start stop and code rewind. I’m hoping that is fairly universal for most controllers. I didn’t see the commercial conversational software requesting which controller was to be used so they would tailor the post to suit, but I might have missed it. The idea was to keep it simple to be more universal in terms of generated code.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thread Information