. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Before I make any suggestions, I'd like to see some photos of the lathe in question, and any information on the turret.

Personally, I'd say it's more likely to be some kind of electrical failure (what actually rotates the turret?), rather than the controller. It would be good to know what checks have been done to establish that it's a controller issue.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Before I make any suggestions, I'd like to see some photos of the lathe in question, and any information on the turret.

Personally, I'd say it's more likely to be some kind of electrical failure (what actually rotates the turret?), rather than the controller. It would be good to know what checks have been done to establish that it's a controller issue.
    I'll send some photos in my next reply as I am away from it at the moment.

I worked through the issue with SIEG and checked that there were no conflicts with other applications occupying UDP ports as as firewall issues between the PC and the lathe. (PC and Lathe are connected over a Ethernet connection.)

As directed by SIEG:
    Checked the voltage from the switching PSU used by the ATC
    Increased the current from the Stepper-Motor Driver (number turns suggested by SIEG)
    Then replaced the switch PSU used by the ATC and verified the voltage was in the correct range

I spoke to another engineer in the UK that has some experience with the iKC4 and he suggested updating the firmware version as this has resolved these issues in the past. Unfortunately this did not work. He then suggested a visual inspection of the motion controller board to see if there were any obviously blown ICs. There are none.

I will reply with some details regards stepper motor drivers, etc. shortly.

Thread Information